22 February 2009

A Few Firefox Add-Ons

A few Firefox Add-Ons I have been toying with lately:

Google Preview
Tab Mix Plus
Inquisitor

Google Preview
This is a little tool that shows you a screenshot of the webpage in your Google search results. It slows down the page load a bit, but the added convenience of this is, in my opinion, worth it. It is quite likely I will change my mind later, but for now, it stays.

Tab Mix Plus
Tab Mix Plus is to tabs as Onyx is to OS X or TweakUI is to Windows XP. It allows you to tweak, edit, customise, and otherwise tinker with your Firefix tabs. Some of its default settings are downright awful, but once you get in and explore the options (and, of course, meddle with them) it proves quite useful.

Inquisitor
This one I remain somewhat ambiguous/undecided upon. It goes in your search bar to the right of the address bar and provides suggestions for your search. It defaults to Yahoo, but can be set to Google (which is my personal preference). I have not found it all that useful yet, but it is a nicely polished little add-on that has a pleasing visual interface.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about tab mix plus that it has really bad defaults (such as the purple loading bar on the tabs) but once tinkering with it it really helps.